Photos by Jennifer Browning

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Gypsy Wandering: plan forced into spontaniety

Many of my adventures lead me down various roads, I am expecting Scuba Gypsy to be no different. This blog has been sitting in the back of my head for months and it took a cancelled photo job to encourage me to get it going. I am currently still procrastinating from packing for my trip to Miami (leaves DFW at 6:40something) and still trying to switch gears. I was supposed to be packing my Cipro and Quloroquine for an unforgettable trip to Haiti to document Project Medishare's work in Thomonde.Since the archaic island can't seem to settle down, the State Department has advised Americans not to travel there, and hence my volunteers have cancelled. So now I am changing my mind frame from photographing war-torn scenes from a broke down Caribbean palace, to one that will send me off to discover diving in Miami. I was going there anyway via Haiti......$600 to change my plane ticket dates around to be back in DFW.........

hmmmmm.....this is tough $600 to come back to landlocked Dallas by Monday or spend $600 to dive around Miami and Key Largo............might as well just join the beat, follow my gypsy soul and dance on into the deep blue. So here goes my first attempt at this blog thing and a new adventure created by diversion from political strife.......if I needed an excuse to go scuba diving.....surely this is the best one?????

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, this is the best new scuba blog ever!

6/06/2005 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos