Photos by Jennifer Browning

Friday, July 08, 2005

Cozumel Countdown: Confessions of a scubaholic

Submersion and me.......it was just something meant to happen. I have been diving for two years now and with 63 dives under my belt (yes not enough), I wonder why didn't I do this sooner! I have decided that I was meant to spend a majority of my life underwater descending to the depths of our oceans and noticing the little things.....ok well the big things are cool too. Two weeks from today I leave for Cozumel! It will possibly be my last diving venture until January.....hopefully not........but maybe (I do have photo work to get done)..........but that possibility frankly has me a little worried. I think I might need to go to some sort of help group......if there is such a thing.

Hello, my name is Jennifer Browning and I am a scubaholic!

I have been fortunate in the past four months to have been able to do diving in the Turks and Caicos Islands, Miami/Key Largo....and those few trips to Athens Scuba Park although it's just a 30ft. clear blue hole did help my scuba fix. Two weeks before heading to the Yucatan I am already worried about jonesing for scuba once I return........

Scuba diving is my drug. It is the way I relax. It is the way I deal with crazy photo clients, demanding deadlines, and with life in general. The knots underneath my shoulder blades immediately disappear the moment I stride into the water inhaling my first aquatic breath from the regulator. So what's a scuba gypsy to do when she finally finds herself landlocked?

Yes. I might have a problem.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen - you're too funny! I loved reading this. Can't wait to read about all of your adventures. I too am a scubaholic and am not ashamed to stand up and admit it! If you find a good support group, let me know and I will join you! ;-)

Connie Morris

8/02/2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos