Photos by Jennifer Browning

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Dive Van Phong Bay Vietnam

You'll be seeing a lot of these....additions to my wishlist of diving destinations. I have to admit while I have heard Vietnam has some good diving, this article made my gypsy soul moan. The article boasts about Van Phong Bay is one the world's deepest bays and the United Nations talks it up as Asia's top eco-tourism destinations. The best part a gypsy can't resist? So far, minus a fishing village here or there, Van Phong remains rather remote.......sounds like one of those destinations you might want to keep all to yourself!

Read

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Hell of a Trip! (Especially compared to diving Athens Quarry)

8/20/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger Jen B said...

No doubt...Athens Scuba Park is all I have these days and I haven't even gotten there lately...wonder if any of those Vietnam dive resorts or travel agencies would pay my way for Scuba Gypsy to review the place......I would do it for plane ticket, hotel, and diving.......I need to get some connections.

8/20/2005 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Round trip flights from Dallas to Hanoi in October run as low as $1100 (check Kayak.com; it's my favorite). A little poking around can probably result in highly adequate accomodation for as little as $10/night. Be adventurous, and choose something off the beaten path upon your arrival. Food should run $10-20/day, unless you splurge. Obviously, it'll cost, but you could get there and back for well under $2000. And have some swell souvenirs.

8/23/2005 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos