Photos by Jennifer Browning

Monday, June 06, 2005

Molasses Morning

KEY LARGO--Biding time this morning in Key Largo while we wait for the afternoon dives we booked through Island Ventures, we scoped out some dive shops and ran upon Stephen Frink Photographic. I couldn’t have been more delighted! Most dive shops offer the use of a Sea & Sea camera for $25, but being a freelance photographer, I didn’t want to take deep blue snapshots. I wanted to work on my underwater photo skills, and I wasn’t paying $25 to lose magenta. Frink’s has a small gallery of his work and offers camera repair and rental. My eyes widened at the familiar site of the Nikonos V. For $40 a day it could be mine for all marine photo exploration. The deal came with a 35mm lens and a Nikonos V SB 105 strobe. Perfect. That along with some film and I am good to go for the next two and a half days in Key Largo. First stop of the afternoon Molasses Reef.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos