Photos by Jennifer Browning

Saturday, June 25, 2005

My Dive Book

Had a discussion with divers and nondivers alike about dive logs. Many divers said that with their dive computers they don't really use a log book anymore. They just upload their data to the computer and viola there is their dive profile. They can even create pretty graphs. But I resist. I love my dive log......It may be a little bulky, but it's important to me not only to log my depth, air consumption, bottom time and surface intervals, but I simply like writing about the dive itself. Some are very descriptive and others are simpy along the lines of "nurse shark.......Yea!"

Seems that MyDiveBook.com has possibly created a marriage between the two dive log types. Divers can sign up for a free online dive log allowing them to access their dive logs anywhere there is internet access. No access? Divers can type up their log in MS Word and export it when they stop off at the Internet Café. DIvers also have the option to share dive experiences to others logged onto the site. Other possible perks are scuba forums, photo albums, scuba news, as well as dive site and dive buddy databases. Being a photo lover I enjoyed seeing the nudibranches in Malaysia and the Bali photos are already enticing my wandering gypsy soul to look to the Pacific.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos