Photos by Jennifer Browning

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Damn you Emily!

Emily and I need to have a little chat. How dare she choose to plow through my little Yucatan diving destination. Does Emily realize who she was messin' with when she foiled my plans for a long weekend of diving in Cozumel? I would love to take her out in the parking lot for a round or two....show her a thing. So maybe she would shift her category 5 winds around....but I think I am hormonal enough right now....I could take her!!

After a tough storm in Dallas a week ago which knocked out my DSL modem, and my phone, I have been wire-LESS (less being the operative word). I have been ADD distracted between photo work, restaurant work, etc......and on top of it all it is FREAKIN' hot here....I don't mind hot...but concrete isn't good for this gypsy soul....I needed to get out of this city, I needed to do my own mental decompressing at least 60 feet under. I should be under water right now.......or at least resting up for my night dive!

It was 10:30 Thursday night, surprisingly packed and ready for my 6 a.m. I was exhausted and frustrated by my lack of internet access......wanted to blog about my up and coming Cozy trip. I headed over to Mr. Pokerati's house to mooch off his wifi access and do some last minute blogging before grabbing a nap. All set up and ready to blast through the emails piled up in my account, there it was.......the email subject reading "Cozumel Cancellation" dated Wednesday:
We have just learned that Fiesta Americana and most of the other resorts in Cozumel are closed. We are very disappointed that our travel agent, Adventure Tours, and the Mexican Tourist Bureau did not release this information earlier in the week.


Me too.

I got up from the computer stomped around a little but refrained from the temper tantrum I wanted to throw. I went to the next email "Cozumel Latest" which informed us "Cozumel Non-travelers"
(I hate being classified as a non-traveler) that the manager at Dive House reported all their staff, facilities, and boats are okay and that they had already discovered the reefs to be in good shape minus some minor coral breakage. However, "The resorts did not fair as well". Most have no power and very limited water.

hmmmm I don't need power, I can adjust to limited water.....right? Nonetheless, the resort where we were staying was closed, so unless I wanted to sleep on the beach this trip was out.

I am still pouting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen B said...

Thanks and I know it was best....but when you are a scuba junkie like me you'll do almost anything for a dive (ok well aside from jumping in with ratty gear).

Yes, we had the option for a refund or a rebook.....I chose to rebook and looks like the trip will go over the weekend of Halloween.......now I wish I would've taken the financial plinge to do the Flower Garden dive (third try) next week (coral spawning). I am jonesing! It's just so hard to be a water baby when you live in Texas....gotta get out of here eventually. I am about ready to trade in my boots for fins and hat for a mask.....just about.

7/25/2005 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos