Photos by Jennifer Browning

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fake (PADI) ID's for sale in Thailand

Need a fake passport, driver's license or document? Head to Thailand. Apparently they are selling fake PADI C-Card's as well.

Very scary.

A few months ago when I was completing my rescue course, I witnessed a "diver" who was recently certified in Hawaii bomb all of her skills in a refresher course. There was no way this lady was actually certified. She knew zero about her gear, she couldn't get it on in the water (she had back issues) and when she attempted to submerge she sunk like a rock (after long attempts of buoyancy talks).I would even be surprised if she even took a course. I was furious with the operation who gave her the C-card in the first place. Not only were they placing this woman in danger, but those who dove with her. After this article on CDNN, I am wondering if she too just bought her C-Card.

Read

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen B said...

Drew I agree...as said before that person not only puts themselves in danger, but others as well. You mix in no diving knowledge, swift currents, and updwelling or something else and you have complete disaster.

The lady I mentioned in my post, I met her while doing my rescue class. My dive instructor ended up having to do a distressed diver tow while I observed and stayed alert for other possible problems. On one hand, this lady's idiocy gave me an eye opening experience.....never thought I would have to actually rescue someone (for real) in my rescue class.

On top of this on te drive home she started mentioning all these ailments she had---bronchitis being one of them....

10/07/2005 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos