Photos by Jennifer Browning

Monday, October 17, 2005

Pumpkin carving....becoming a great underwater past time?

I always feel great when I notice other scuba geeks out there like me looking for any reason to get underwater. Blue Dolphin in Dallas has treasure hunts and even a monopoly game to stir up some deep camaraderie....this morning I got an email from my friends at Deep Blue Adventures in San Antonio about their annual underwater pumpkin carving contest. This has to take some skill. I am definitely the type of person you want to keep away from sharp objects...but this does intrigue me.

If competing with Deep Blue divers have a choice to compete individually or with a team-mate. Drawing on or precutting of pumpkins is not allowed and pumpkin are inspected before contestants enter the water. Divers provide their own pumpkins and cutting tools and have 45 minutes to dive and carve.

Texas isn't the only one with fun and games. Just noticed a post on Divester that they are doing this in New York and Minnesota.

May the best pumpkin win!

If anyone has any photos from these events, please send them to Scuba Gypsy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Jennifer Browning. All photos unless otherwise noted are the property of Jennifer Browning. Please seek permission before using or linking photos